Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Undead squishies and Diablo 3


Well, to be honest, I didn't do a giant amount in WoW this past week. I was busy practicing for my callback for a theater production.(Which I got the awesome role of Marian the Librarian...the show is Music Man, by the way). But when I wasn't busy practicing songs and memorizing lines so I could wow the director into picking me for the role, I was enjoying watching Wren play and beat Diablo 3 on his barbarian.
He started out playing a witch doctor, then decided to try some of the other classes and quickly realized his barbarian felt the best fit- since after all, he adores tanks. Currently as I type he is trying out the Demon Hunter.

When not fasinated by all the demons and beauty that is Diablo 3's cut scenes, I did play a tiny bit in WoW land. I got my Tauren hunter Striderunner to 22 and my undead warlock to 49 1/2, as well as my troll druid to 11.

First I sent my hunter off to Ashenvale, where I proceeded to join in the fight with night elfs. I helped the Spirit of Gorat seek revenge on Captain Elendilad, then later rode the most awesome of kodos- Brutusk.
I wish my kodo could zap 8 ashenvale ambushers with one stomp!



Next I hopped on my warlock, where after finishing Eastern Plaguelands, I decided to fly to the far off land of Badlands for a change of scenery.
I got her Mining past 225 shortly after arriving in the bad-wast-like-land, and dinged 48 from the nod directly after getting the Perfessional Expert achievement.


I journeyed throughout the Badlands, doing quests to kill black dragons left and right and then completed the Tomb of the Watchers puzzles- for some reason those seemed a little easier this time around, though I haven't done them for ages, so maybe they actually just made them easier in general.
I downed the Warden and the Sentinel easily in the Tomb and wandered off to finish up killing more bad dragons.








I enlisted the help of the 3 "Bad Dogs": Jurrix Whitemane, Amakkar and Gargal. As much as it is fun to have them helping me out and then riding their motorcycles behind me in our own little possie, I miss my warlock pet greatly in all their quests.




After defeating Kalaran the Annihilator, Moldarr and then General Jirakka, I was pretty sure we could take on anything.





Then Nyxondra happened. That crazy dragon...argh. After clearing out a huge radius of her baby dragons because I knew she had a fear, I thought we'd be ok. But nooo, her babies respawn so dang fast! I kept getting her down to 20% then my Bad Dogs would die on me no matter how many heals and spells I threw at them and her.



Sadly without my warlock pet, alone I am not nearly as badass.
I soulstoned and tried again.
Same thing happened, around the 20% mark- the bad dogs and myself-dead and squishy. I thought...I'm just going to let her be for a bit, before I pull my hair out.
I hearthed out, trained up and left my warlock sitting in Undercity to stategize her next move on how to beat that crazy dragon.

Yesterday I debated over going back on my warlock, but decided to let her gain some rested. I hopped on my lowwwwbie starter troll druid and knocked out her first 11 levels (and cranked out a crap-ton of herbalism and alchemy on her). I found a random rare boss (the Sergeant) in the one keep while going to kill the Lieutenant in there.






Overally, really all I got done was 2 levels on my hunter, 2 levels on my warlock and 11 lowbie levels on my druid, but that's pretty good considering Diablo 3 came out.

I hope you all had a lovely week in WoW and that those who got to play Diablo 3 enjoyed it as well.
For the undead squishies,
Morgaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a rockin' awesome comment here...